Terms & Conditions
- GENERAL TERMS – USE OF WEBSITE
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FERRY TICKETS
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL DOCUMENT DELIVERY SERVICES
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRANSFERS
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TOURS
www.danae.gr and www.danae.travel URL's. This Website is provided by the company 'Danae Travel-Editions Ltd.' ("Danae.Travel") solely to assist customers in gathering travel information, determining the availability of travel-related goods and services, making legitimate reservations or otherwise transacting business with travel suppliers, and for no other purposes.
This Website is offered to you on condition of your acceptance without modification of all the terms, conditions, and notices set forth below (collectively, the "Agreement"). By accessing or using this Website in any manner, you agree to be bound by the Agreement. Please read the Agreement carefully. If you do not accept all of these terms and conditions, please do not use this Website. Be sure to return to this page periodically to review the most current version of the Agreement. We reserve the right at any time, at our sole discretion, to change or otherwise modify the Agreement without prior notice, and your continued access or use of this Website signifies your acceptance of the updated or modified Agreement.
USE OF THE WEBSITEAs a condition of your use of this Website, you warrant that (i) you are at least 18 years of age, (ii) you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation, (iii) you will use this Website in accordance with this Agreement, (iv) you will only use this Website to make legitimate reservations for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act, (v) all information supplied by you on this Website is true, accurate, current and complete, and (vi) if you have a Danae.Travel account, you will safeguard your account information and will supervise and be completely responsible for any use of your account by anyone other than you. We retain the right at our sole discretion to deny access to anyone to this Website and the services we offer, at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, for violation of this Agreement.
You may not use this website and its content for any commercial purpose. You may not make any fraudulent and/or false reservation through this website. You may not access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission. You may not violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Website. You may not take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not "frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of this Website into any other website without our prior written authorization.
SUPPLIER RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
Separate terms and conditions will apply to your reservation and purchase of travel-related goods and services that you select. Please read these separate terms and conditions carefully. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions of purchase imposed by any supplier with whom you elect to deal, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with the supplier's rules and restrictions regarding availability and use of fares, products, or services. You acknowledge that some third-party providers offering certain services and/or activities may require you to sign their liability waiver prior to participating in the service and/or activity they offer. You understand that any violation of any such supplier's rules and restrictions may result in cancellation of your reservation(s), in your being denied access to the applicable travel product or services, in your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s), and/or in our debiting your account for any costs we incur as a result of such violation.
SHOPPING BASKET FUNCTIONALITY
Danae Travel is one of the very few travel related websites that offers this functionality. Our goal is for our customer to be able to select several disparate products and services and pay only once. By using this functionality, you understand and accept that when purchasing multiple items from our shopping basket, you still are buying distinct products and/or services and not a travel package. Danae Travel do not sell travel packages through their website at all.
ORDER FINALIZATIONAn order is considered to be finalized once payment for it has been completed successfully. From that point in time, changes and cancellations may be falling under the specific suppliers' policies and may incur extra charges.
INDEMNIFICATIONYou agree to defend and indemnify "Danae.Travel", and/or their respective suppliers and any of their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of:
- your breach of this Agreement or the documents referenced herein;
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
- your use of this Website.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITESThis Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than Danae.Travel. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from this Website or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
GENERALDanae Travel resells ferry tickets according to the Greek law and the shipping companies' policies found below. Further to those terms, in case of a ferry route's cancellation or alteration by the shipping company, Danae Travel's responsibility is limited to refunding their clients according to the respective shipping company's policy. Further actions from Danae Travel aiming to assist the client in finding alternative ferry connections or last minute accommodation arrangements do not extend the responsibility mentioned above. Danae Travel is not responsible for any damages caused by a shipping company canceling or altering their scheduled ferry crossing for any reason including but not limited to, accommodation expenses, air tickets and higher cost replacement ferry tickets.
The following terms are officially approved by the Greek Ministry of Mercantile Marine and apply to all ferry travellers in Greece irrespective of the shipping company and itinerary:
PASSENGER'S TICKET CONDITIONS
- The ticket is issued in the passenger's name, is personal and non-transferable. It is valid only for the class and the trip for which it was issued.
- The fare does not include catering.
- Passengers should be at the embarkation area of the ship one (1) hour before departure. If the passenger is not in time for sailing, he/she is not entitled to a refund of the fare. In case of cancellation, passengers are entitled 50% refund if they cancel their reservation before departure.
- Children up to 4 years old travel free of charge and are not entitled to bed, while children over 4 and up to 10 years old pay a reduced fare and are entitled to bed.
- The bearer of a full ticket is allowed to carry free of charge luggage up to 40 kilos or 1 cubic meter.
- In case of loss of the ticket, it will not be replaced nor the fare will be refunded.
- The shipping company is not responsible for any damage or loss of the passenger's luggage that is under the personal care of him/her during the trip.
- Jewellery, money and valuable objects may be delivered to the ship's accounting office for safekeeping.
- The shipping company will not be responsible for any delay in sailing, deviation and not keeping normal route, due to bad weather conditions or orders of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine or the Harbor Authorities or due to force major.
- It is forbidden to the passengers to carry explosives, inflammable, incendiary and dangerous in general materials.
- The passengers are responsible for the observance of the Harbor, Sanitary and Custom regulations.
- The passengers should comply with the captain's and the crew orders regarding the maintenance of order and the safety of the ship.
- The passenger should address any complaint during the trip to the ship's captain or first mate and after the arrival, to the shipping company or to the Harbor Authorities.
- If for any reason the travel is cancelled due to the ship's responsibility, the fare is refunded without any further obligation of the shipping company towards the passenger.
- The shipping company has the right, after approval of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine, to replace the vessel for which the ticket was issued with another vessel.
- VEHICLE TRANSPORT RECEIPT CONDITIONS
- The drivers are obligated to load and unload their vehicle.
- The vehicles should be at the waiting for shipment area one (1) hour before departure and in any case on the time prescribed by the Port Regulation in force.
- The driver is not entitled to refund of the fare if he is not in time for sailing, while if he states before sailing his intention not to ship his vehicle, he is entitled to a refund of half of the fare.
- In case of loss of vehicle transport receipt, the fare is not refunded.
- The vehicles' passengers have to get out of them before their shipment aboard.
- The passengers should carry with them objects that they need during the travel. After sailing the entrance to the vehicle station is forbidden.
- The transportation of explosives, incendiary and dangerous in general materials is forbidden.
- The priority order is determined by the Port Regulations of each Harbor Authorities, where the vehicles are shipped.
SHIPPING COMPANIES' POLICIESFurther to the above terms, each shipping company may have their own rules regarding cancellations, cancellation fees, changes and date conversions etc. Purchase of ferry tickets through the "Website" implies that you have read and agree to all applicable sets of terms and conditions for each shipping company, tickets of whom you have purchased. Danae.Travel keeps a list of links to their respective websites for your convenience. This list may not be exhaustive but it is maintained to the best of our ability with regard to its accuracy.
For additional information on each company' s specific policy please visit the following links:
- Aegean Speed Lines
- ANEK Lines
- Blue Star Ferries
- Cyclades Fast Ferries
- Dodekanisos Seaways
- Ane Kalymnou
- Golden Star Ferries
- Hellenic Seaways
- Minoan Lines
- European Seaways
- Seajets Consortium
- Superfast - Adriatic
- Kefalonian Lines
- Zante ferries
- Ionia Group
NOTE: All other shipping companies either they don't have a working website or if they have one, they do not publish terms & conditions on it.
REFUND PAYMENTS TO CUSTOMERS
In case of a crossing's cancellation and wherever a refund obligation to the passenger arises, the refund, according to law No. 3709/2008 may be processed from the issuing travel agent, or the shipping company or any of the shipping company's official port agents. The shipping company is the final responsible party for the refund and our office, acting as an intermediary for both issuing and refunding tickets, can only proceed with a refund after the concerned shipping company has approved it and only within the shipping company's ability to make the relevant payments. In order for any refund to be made, the original tickets must be returned to the refunding party. Danae.Travel service fee charged at the time of the booking is not refundable.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT DELIVERY TO THE AIRPORTTravel documents are delivered to the Athens International Airport in order to be collected from our co-operating agency's stand.
For the delivery of travel documents to the airport prior notice of at least 4 working days is mandatory. Accurate and updated information is necessary. The responsibility for the accuracy of all delivery information provided lies entirely with the user.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT DELIVERY TO HOTELSFor the delivery of travel documents to hotels within Greece, prior notice of at least 4 working days is mandatory. Extra charges may apply if express delivery is required and available. Accurate and updated information is necessary. The responsibility for the accuracy of all delivery information provided lies entirely with the user. In case of incorrect information travel documents cannot be delivered to a hotel. All deliveries must be signed for by the hotel staff acting on your behalf. It is the clients' responsibility to inform the hotel that an envelope will be delivered by Danae Travel under their name. There may be extra charges in case that hotel staff refuses to sign the delivery, the envelope is returned to Danae Travel and a new delivery is required. Danae Travel reserves the right to refuse delivery to specific hotels. In such cases clients are informed and alternative solutions are suggested.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT DELIVERY WITHIN ATHENS / REST OF GREECEFor the delivery of travel documents within Athens or the rest of Greece, prior notice of at least 4 working days is mandatory. Extra charges may apply if express delivery is required and available. Accurate and updated information is necessary. The responsibility for the accuracy of all delivery information provided lies entirely with the user. There may be extra charges in case that the recipient refuses to sign or is absent for the delivery, the envelope is returned to Danae Travel and a new delivery is required.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT DELIVERY ABROADFor the delivery of travel documents abroad, prior notice of at least 5 working days is mandatory. Extra charges may apply if express delivery is required and available. Accurate and updated information is necessary. The responsibility for the accuracy of all delivery information provided lies entirely with the user. There may be extra charges in case that the recipient refuses to sign or is absent for the delivery, the envelope is returned to Danae Travel and a new delivery is required.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT PICK-UP FROM DANAE TRAVEL AGENCYTravel documents have to be collected from Danae Travel Agency's only office at the address and during the office hours and days that are stated in Danae Travel's web site. In case of non-show, travel documents cannot be reimbursed.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT COLLECTION FROM SHIPPING AGENT AT PORT (not for sale on-line)Travel documents can be obtained only from the shipping agent and port that is specified in the confirmation mail.
BOOKING AMENDMENTSChanges to existing bookings can be made by sending a request by email to our office. You will be advised by return if any charges or fees apply. Changes cannot be made during the last 48 hours before the transfer. An exception is made should we be notified by the customer of flight or ferry schedule changes (see below).
FLIGHT OR FERRY DELAYS AND/OR CHANGESIf we are not notified about the change, the maximum waiting time after the prescribed meeting time is 1 hour. After this interval, the driver will depart and the client will be deemed as 'non-show'. No refund of any of the transfer's payment will be made.
Our office will make every possible effort to keep track of the client's arrival time and make any changes where needed. It is though, the client's responsibility to contact our office once they are informed of any change on their itinerary that exceeds one hour delay. Our office provides a 24x7 available mobile phone number and on-call staff especially for such emergencies.
- Up to five working days before the transfer - zero cancellation fee.
- From five to one working day before the transfer - 50% cancellation fee. Half of the transfer's cost is refunded
- From one working day up to the time of the transfer - 100% cancellation fee. No money is refunded.
Upon booking your transfer through Danae Travel Bureau, you accept responsibility for the proper conduct of all parties to be transferred. The transfer provider reserves the right at any time to terminate (before or after departure) your booking or that of any member of your party due to your/their misconduct, within their reasonable opinion. Full cancellation charges will apply and no refund will be given. Furthermore, the transfer provider shall be under no obligation, whatsoever to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses you may incur as a result of said termination of your booking, in accordance with this paragraph. If your actions or those of any member of your party causes damage during the transfer, you agree to fully indemnify us against any claim (including legal costs) made from the transfer owner.
- You get full refund in case the tour is canceled 72 hours before the start time
- You are refunded 50% of the amount in case the tour is canceled between 72 hours and 24 hours before the start time.
- If the tour is canceled less than 24 hours before the time it begins, we don't offer any refund.